Sunday 6 November 2016

Packing List: South East Asia > > > Australia

Backpacking. 
        Packing, in general, has always been quite difficult for a hoarder like myself.

It's the 'what if's', 'and's' and 'buts' with me...

What if I need them?... I'll take this, And i'll take an extra just incase... But I can't buy that there!

BUT, alas, I have packed and I am now on my way to the Edinburgh airport hotel, where the 6:50am flight tomorrow morning will take us to Abu Dhabi and eventually onto our first destination on our big adventure; Bangkok. 


I will most likely re-pack again when I get to the hotel, but for now, I think I have everything I need, not want. From researching blogs and vlogs to talking to people who've done it before, this is what I bought and packed four our Asia > Australia adventure:




BACKPACK: 





Copyright: Berghaus

I bought this 65 Litre Berghaus Trailhead  rucksack from Go Outdoors in Clydebank. . 
It opens up from the top and bottom, with pouches either side and on on the lid. 
I find it easy to get stuff in and out (so far), and it feels easy to wear on my back, especially with the waist straps clipped and the straps tightened on the arms so I'm not carrying most of the weight on my back to the point of spinal injury.
Although, it is only day 1 of 100 odd... But yes, it still makes me look and feel like a tortoise, but I'd rather this than lugging a suitcase around. 


PACKING CUBES:


These handy lil cubes surprisingly hold a lot, and fit like a game of tetris into my rucksack quite neatly. I've been told to roll my clothes and not flatlay, which I must say is the way forward of packing! I'm able to store so much more into them, and so far have used each cube for set items of clothing, e.g., 
1) underwear/bikinis/socks
2) tops
3) bottoms/dresses

The 'laundry' bags to far hold things like PJs, toiletries and towels. 


Now, the fun part.... What I actually packed:



UNDERWEAR                BIKINIS                     PJs                              DRESSES
x 3 bras                           x 3                             x 2                               x 1 Maxi Dress
x 9 pants                                                                                               x 1 Sundress
x 6 socks


TOPS                              BOTTOMS                  ACCESSORIES          SHOES
x 2 tshirts                        x 2 denim shorts          x 1 Rainjacket              x 2 Nike trainers
x 4 casual tops               x 2 gym shorts             x 2 Sunnies                  x 1 flip flops
x 1 Sweatshirt                 x 2 gym leggings         x 1 Baseball Hat          x 1 Sandals
                                       x 1 Maxi Skirt               x 1 Chunky Scarf
                                       x 1 Jeans                     x 1 Small handbag
                                                                           x 1 Bumbag 


FIRST AID KIT                  TOILETRIES                                             MAKEUP
x 1 pack paracetamol         x 1 Deodorant                                           x 1 Foundation
x 1 pack Imodium               x 1 Facial Moisturiser                                x 1 BB Cream
x 1 pack sized plasters       x 1 Suncream                                           x 1 Concealer
x 1 tube sudocreme            x 1 Hairbrush, Kirbies and Hair Ties        x 1 Eyebrow Pencil     
x 1 eyedrops                       x 1 Shampoo / x 1 Conditioner                x 1 Eyeshadow palette
x 8 packs of my pill             x 1 Body wash & 1 Facial scrub               x 2 lipsticks (dark/nude)
x 1 pair scissors                  x 1 perfume                                              x 1 Travel MU brush set
x 1 sewing kit                                                                                       x 1 Bronzer
x 1 bite cream                                                                                      x 2 Eyeliners
x 1 bug spray                                                                                       x 1 Mascara
x 1 tweezers 


MISC
x 1 Mosquito Net
x 1 Sleeping bag liner
x 1 Travel iPod Speakers
x 1 Gadget Bag
   - Iphone and charger (x 2)
   - Camera and charger
   - Go Pro and charger
   - World Adaptor
   - x 4 USB ports charger
   - Gopole and accessories
   - Selfie Stick
   - x 2 pairs earphones

And I managed to fit ALL O THAT into those packing cubes, into that rucksack and (hopefully) onto the plane all under 17kg!!
Even I am impressed with myself. 

Obviously it depends on what you feel you need as a person. Not many people I know would sacrifice a sleeping bag for their gadgets or vice versa but there you go. And ofcourse I needed my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette and 2 Mac lipsticks (which, yes I narrowed down from 6!), but I got there in the end. Persistence is key, and you can look at as many packing lists online as you want, but it will be you who decides in the end. Luckily Roisin and I have things the other doesn't, so we can share alike.

And what my mother always says is, "what you've forgotten, you can always buy out there!" 
They sell mac makeup in the Thai islands, right?



Stace x



No comments:

Post a Comment